Master Oogway saw greatness in you, more power than you can possibly imagine. I love Kung Fu Panda. My kid does too. For me, it’s more than just another cute animated movie. It is a philosophical, part kung fu, animated movie about a panda raised by a goose. It’s themes are endearing yet deep, depending on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go. I listened to a podcast where Eric Weinstein retold how he cried at the movie. I’m not going to take that journey.
However, the movie is filled with great quotes. Thought I would compile the best across the three movies and post below. For deeper meaning, take what you will. Feel free to send me anything I might have missed.
- One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it.
- Quit. Don’t quit. Noodles. Don’t noodles. You are too concerned with what was and what will be. There’s a saying: “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the “present”.
- The only souvenirs we collect here is bloody knuckles and broken bones.
- There is just news. There is no good or bad.
- You must believe.
- There are no accidents.
- There is no secret ingredient.
- Your story may not have such a happy beginning, but it doesn’t make you who you are. Is is the rest of your story, who you choose to be.
- You gotta let go of that stuff from the past, ’cause it just doesn’t matter! The only thing that matters is what you choose to be now.
- Remember Dragon Warrior, anything is possible when you have inner peace.
- When will you learn the more you take, the less you have.
- If you only do what you can do, you will always be what you are.
- Who am I?
- I am not trying to turn you into me. I’m trying to turn you into you.
- Sometimes, we do the wrong things for the right reasons.
And which is the best of the three? Well, I’m a fan of the third. It has my two favorite quotes, highlighted above. I’m also a fan of Master Kai. The perfect villain. It’s awesome that his entrance song is from Imagine Dragons, I’m so sorry.